Office Phone and Email
Room: 5 E 5
Phone: +49 931 31-83226
Office hours during the semester break:
Monday, 03.02. 17-18
Thursday, 13.02. 14-15
Tuesday, 18.02. 10-11
Thursday, 27.02. 10-11
Pragmatics, Variational Pragmatics, Intercultural Communication, Corpus Linguistics, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, World Englishes, Sociolinguistics
PhD project – working title: “Pragmatic Variation Across Second-Language Varieties of English and Learner Englishes – A Speech-Act-Based Study”
2013 Bachelor of Arts “Anglophone Studies” and “Spanische Sprache u. Kultur”
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
2016 Master of Arts “Applied Linguistics”
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn (2013-2016)
Introduction to Language and Communication Studies
Language and Gender
That's no way to talk! (In)appropriateness in language use
Unpublished B.A. Thesis: “The negotiation of gender identity in weblogs – A case study”
Unpublished M.A. Thesis: “Learning to Do Small Talk – Ideal or Reality? Teachers' Beliefs about the Development of Pragmatic Competence in EFL Classrooms”
- "But I think uh the situation in Hong Kong is different" – DISAGREEMENT in Hong Kong English (accepted). Fifth International Conference of the International Society for the Linguistics of English (ISLE), London. 17-20 July 2018.
- Does the successful integration of pragmatics into the foreign language classroom start at university? Asking prospective teachers of English (Poster). ALP Jahrestagung (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Linguistische Pragmatik e.V.), Stuttgart. 6 March 2018.
- Disagreeing in second-language varieties of English and learner Englishes (Talk). ISLE Summer School (International Society for the Linguistics of English), Regensburg. 4-7 October 2017.
- Studying pragmatic variation in second-language varieties of English with ICE – challenges and opportunities (Talk). ICAME 38 (International Computer Archive of Modern and Medieval English), Prague. 24-28 May 2017.
- Learning to do small talk –ideal or reality? Teachers' beliefs about the development of pragmatic competence in EFL classrooms (Poster). NEL-1 (Nachwuchstagung für Englische Linguistik), Würzburg. 1 July 2016.
- "Small Talk wär mal ganz gut, glaub ich." Pragmatic competence from the perspective of EFL teachers (Talk). BAELc5 (Fifth Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference), Bonn. 3-4 June 2016.
- Gender Stereotypes and Discursive Strategies in Online Dating: A Contrastive Study of US American and Spanish Males (Talk). BAELc3 (Third Bonn Applied English Linguistics Conference), Bonn. 23-24 May 2014.